Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Improve Walk Cycles and Shared Puppets

Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walk Cycles

I can't have a puppet with walk cycles without massive drops in performance. 

I personally think that the 3 views method is extremely inefficient (especially when using shared puppets as explained below).  It seems more practical to only call parts that need to change rather than repeating objects by using multiple views. Its more objects/behaviors to load in the puppet container and drastically bogs down any system. For example, my frontal view already has head turns and torso turns. I could add leg turns to that same view as well and then I'm not being redundant as I already have all the parts Needed for stand and walk. Additionally i could add a trigger if adobe allowed walk to be engaged with a real keyboard trigger instead of left and right (as left and right don't work as triggers) and then i wouldnt need views at all because I could selectively control how walk is applied to the character. I wouldnt care about making 3 views if I was still able to get 24fps on 1080 on a rig that handles 3d animation without issues. 

SHARED PUPPETS

I've mentioned before on here that shared puppets (which are required if you plan on not wasting your time everyday doing the same thing over and over) unfortunately need their triggers baked inside the shared puppet and if you use it more than once it redundantly doubles or triples the behaviors in the recording panel. This is exactly what bogs it down. I don't want to rerig the same tedious stuff over and over and even when I have, I have still seen a drop.

CA needs to help its users by either giving us better copy paste solution for handles and behaviors or shared puppets that act like components. There appears to me to be alot of issues behind the scenes all based on IDs and classes.

Improving Shared puppets is the solution.

1. A duplicated shared puppet should only have 1 master set of behaviors that when adjusted, will adjust all duplicated puppets. This will remove the redundant behaviors and objects. Load shared puppets dynamically from the same master component like a hook in programming.

2. An option to split off the child from the master should also be an option so you can duplicate a puppet, duplicate and link the art file, then modify/add/subtract to the new puppet without affecting the master/original.

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , Crash , Feature requests , Freeze or hang , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback! All great ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines