Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Motion Library Walks

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing a strange issue with the walk option of the motion library 

- I set up a puppet with walk behavior etc.

- In a scene, I recorded a walk with a Body speed of 100%.

- When I play the recording, my puppet starts moving

- Next, I stop the play and scrub the timeline for some corrections or just to look at some parts of the timeline whether everything is all right

- If I hit play again, from the beginning or somewhere in between

- This is where my puppet loses its recorded position completely. It starts walking from some random location and sometimes keeps walking even after i have hit the stop button.
- If I refresh the scene, the position of the puppet is reset and it works from there.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rudranilc,
Okay Samurai talks about this in his video tutorial on Motion library. I think you just always have to refresh
Relevant inforamation at 17:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTevkEadskk&t=1s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, @Cherie2450573608fr is right — Motion Library is more of a simulation than a frame by frame specific positioning. So if you start on something other than 0:00 or scrub around, you may get different results. The same is true of some other behaviors like walk and physics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @oksamurai. This makes editing extremely difficult. I have to play the video from the beginning to get the puppet to the right position to construct the next piece of animation, so each animation piece takes multiple plays from the beginning. Also, refreshing only works if the timeline is set to t=0. 
I wish there was a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, agreed - it's not ideal and it's a situation we've faced for a few different behaviors. I believe this is a processing issue, as making the simulation is easier/quicker than needing to know how every frame in a render will look. We have discussed the idea in the past of having some kind of command to "bake in" or commit certain simulations to the timeline, but it hasn't been prioritized yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines