• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with rolling balls (Physics)

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me a good way to make a circle object or puppet roll. This seems like it should be simple. Just set the mesh shape to contour, and done.. but the issue is that it doesn't stay on the ground when rotating, when it gets to the corner of the selection or bounding box, it acts like it's a square object. I'm unsure of how to post GIFs or examples, so I can't show this happening at the moment. It's easy to replicate. Create a circle shape in Photoshop, and try to make it role against the ground. If you have any tips or luck with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Austin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Thank you for your help. I must have changed the friction settings by mistake. I also found a layer that was not agreeing with the overall contour of the ball. It rolls now. Not perfectly, but I think I know how to fix that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there was a “fast” setting for collisions somewhere. I wonder if that does bounding box as the estimate. I think I have seen balls roll, so I am pretty sure it is possible. There are friction settings too (not at computer sorry). I had a soccer ball bounce and roll.

Have you tried turning on mesh in CH? There is a button at bottom of scene And rig panes. Maybe there is something hidden?

Sorry, don’t have access to a computer for a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I must have changed the friction settings by mistake. I also found a layer that was not agreeing with the overall contour of the ball. It rolls now. Not perfectly, but I think I know how to fix that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines