• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just sharing a new project :)

Participant ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest project <a href="http://www.tishtoon.com">here</a> ... check it out...

Hey all.. just finished what was (for me) an epic endeavor. I had no idea 8 minutes would suck this much of my soul... in other words I learned A TON in the process.

I tied this cartoon in with a social emotional learning lesson (not as boring as it sounds) with some first graders here in Seattle. After telling them the story, I had them create artwork which I told them would be included in the cartoon (which was not even started at the time).

I received over 60 damn pictures from  the students. I had to scan them all and dissect them in Photoshop. They didn't all actually make it in, but every student that drew something has at least ONE pic in there. The point is, this was unexpectedly hella time consuming. I saw the kids in late February. I am JUST finishing TONIGHT. The last day of school is: TOMORROW. They have been waiting for months to see this. I can't wait to go show them tomorrow.

I have been holding this character and his stories in my heart and mind for nearly 15 years and can't say how fun it is to finally see him come alive as I've imagined. NO WAY this could have been possible in this time frame, with only one creator with no formal animation TRAINING without Character Animator.. no cap, my friends. I'm gassed about that.

I didn't actually did not do it totally alone, a friend of mind volunteered to create the original music and sound design. I'm glad he did, but damnit, if he had not, I would have done that TOO! 

and also...

@the_dovid was that you that made sticky? Hope I got that right. I pretty much modeled one of the characters directly on Sticky. It took me forever to figure out how you structured that puppet... very smart efficient design. I probably could have messaged you, but I learned a lot beating my head against my desk.

Thanks for watching if you do!

Feel free to pass the site - www.tishtoon.com - along to any kids who might need to learn the power of delayed gratification or teachers who may be trying to impart this wisdom of the ages. Always will be kid friendly content there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool Stuff! I hope the kids enjoyed it! Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I appreciate the work done especially the voice over and the pictures made by kids that have been used. Wiggle bugs and angry bugs were amazing. I hope your work pays off just like Tishliddlebudu's patience did.

All the best!!

Cheers!

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I greatly appreciate the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines