Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key shortcuts for live streaming help..

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Puppeteers,

Ok I will give you a quick scene scenario...I have my puppet he walks on the spot and the background moves in CH when I turn either way, looking as I am working down a hallway...this is perfect.

the issue I am having is I have a trigger for my character to fade and then reappear on a new background (which is a png in OBS)..looking like he has teleported..Now when streaming live to change scenes in obs ( which is set to a keybinding "j" ) triggers the different background..however as the the NDI tool (plugin to show CH in OBS) is showing all the "red dot" scenes in CH (the orginal background that enables the walking) I can not do this.

I was wondering if there was a way to set the "ctrl & click mouse" to say "j" so then when I hit the keybind it turns off the CH layer and obs also changes?

Hopefully this isnt too long winded haha and makes sense.

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Ok I worked it out another way...

Using keyframes and opacity in the timeline and making triggers does exactly what I wanted...So main walking background shows and the other is set to 0% opacity then moving a few frames, setting changed 100% creates the fade effect I was after...which i then make a trigger out and set both to a keybind.

thanks for the reply tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not following. Can you explain this part more?

however as the the NDI tool (plugin to show CH in OBS) is showing all the "red dot" scenes in CH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timeline scene sorry..

- puppet

- background

- camera 

I want to turn off one active scene in the timeline with a keybind/shortcut..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I worked it out another way...

Using keyframes and opacity in the timeline and making triggers does exactly what I wanted...So main walking background shows and the other is set to 0% opacity then moving a few frames, setting changed 100% creates the fade effect I was after...which i then make a trigger out and set both to a keybind.

thanks for the reply tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking for a solution my problem, which i think you have solved.

I want to also be able to create a trigger, that can instantly change the background, and the character on the screen (all while streaming live). Is that what you were able to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines