• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Knob For Rotation

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have 3 knobs on my keyboard which by default is to control the lighting of my mechanical gaming keyboard. I am just wondering if I can assign those knobs as a controller for, say, rotation in the transform behavior. Is it possible? Or it's just for midi?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would have to be MIDI. The question is what you can make the knobs on the keyboard do. If they just change colors on the keyboard, they might not be able to send any signal through to the computer. If you can work out if they send *something* to the computer, it may be possible to map that "something" into MIDI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One knob is able to control the volume of the system. But I don't know how to assign it to another function. There is no driver/software for it. It's a chinese gaming keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is it will be too hard. It might be technically possible, but you would probably have to write device drivers for the keyboard to capture the signals it is sending. You could try searching online for the model number of the keyboard... but sorry, no ideas from me. Does not sound easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Alank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines