• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Naming and Auto-Tag

Engaged ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a proper way of naming puppet layers in Illustrator to have it auto-tagged as its respective parts in Charactera Animator? I have named an eye as an eye or a blink layer as blink for example, but it's not auto-tagged as eye/blink when imported to Character Animator and it makes me have to rename everything manually, which is time-consuming.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the blank puppet provided or the Chloe puppet and make sure your naming is EXACTLY the same. I would go so far as to make sure the Upper and lower case conventions are adhered to. Also, the eyes need to be labelled as Left Eye and Right Eye and the need a + sign in front of the Pupil layer because they should be able to move independently. Make sure they are within the Head layer as well. That should do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying an existing puppet is a great approach. The other is to look at the "tags" panel that shows the structure of the puppet. It has two views, the graphical view (default) and a little "A" button that shows the text form of tags (which I personally prefer). These are the special names that CH looks for within the layer names. I say within, because "My Ah" will match the "Ah" tag for example. The tags view can be useful when the puppet you are looking at does not have all of the tags you want to use on a project. Layers are automatically tagged if they match tag names in the tags panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines