• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking opacity to audio?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm wanting to animate a robot character whose mouth glows at varying intensities correlated to how loud his voice is. 

The character is the robot in this animation, which was created in After Effects:

Introducing: A Kiss Goodnight with Ephram - YouTube

I'm wondering if Character Animator happens to have a similar feature, or if I would just need to settle with a different method.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

The “Layer Picker” behavior has an “Audio Level” setting. I have never tried it, but might be worth experimenting with. The layer picker allows you to have multiple layers which switch in - so you would draw different levels of brightness For the different layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “Layer Picker” behavior has an “Audio Level” setting. I have never tried it, but might be worth experimenting with. The layer picker allows you to have multiple layers which switch in - so you would draw different levels of brightness For the different layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Alan said, the layer picker is one way == here is an example I did a couple weeks ago along with the rigging. The layer picker behavior is at the bg group level.

FaceColor_002.gif              FaceColor.jpg

Edit: I made a better example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines