Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Martin character walk

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How would you make the character Martin from okaysamurai website walk? I am a newbie and I really like this character. Can I also use it for my youtube video?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

One way to get started is to use one of the walking puppet examples, and then change the art work to suit. You can download the Maddy puppet at Character Animator Examples and the Kaufman puppet at Okay Samurai Puppets, and there is a Walker project there as well.

Changing the art work can be a bit tedious, and you may also have to re-rig the puppet at times. Here is a partial example with the Maddy puppet and the Martin artwork.

MartinWalk.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Adobe tutorial (from the top of the forum pages) is an example how to make a puppet walk Walking (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube - but you really need a side view of a puppet for it to work well I suspect. I would not call walking a beginner concept, but it's certainly doable - with the right artwork.  There is now also a quarter profile walk behavior that may help - that might work a bit better for artwork that is more face on than side on (but I have not tried it myself yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to get started is to use one of the walking puppet examples, and then change the art work to suit. You can download the Maddy puppet at Character Animator Examples and the Kaufman puppet at Okay Samurai Puppets, and there is a Walker project there as well.

Changing the art work can be a bit tedious, and you may also have to re-rig the puppet at times. Here is a partial example with the Maddy puppet and the Martin artwork.

MartinWalk.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I have Martin puppet file with the partial artwork? (I am not good at changing graphics).

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines