• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My puppet's face is distorted when I tilt my head

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, My puppet's face is distorted when I tilt my head, we can see that something is affecting him but I can't find what, and its not the hair, and it is not the hair the puppet does the same if i delete the hair.

Isabelle2021-10-27_10h38_45.png2021-10-27_10h39_30.png2021-10-27_10h44_44.gif

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the hierarchy, you have the eyes marked as independent. Only the pupils should be independent.The same is true for any other parts that you wish to remain attached to the face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyes are independent because of the paralaxe, it is not the eyes that affects the face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is not the hair, either. All I can think of is the neck, but that's looking pretty solid as well. And I assume that the parallax is working as it should? The distortion is pretty subtle from what I'm seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last video was taken before the problem declared, I was busy updating the puppet when I noticed the deformation, I went through all the updates I reviewed but I couldn't find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The distortion is pretty subtle from what I'm seeing...". Lol! It took me minutes to notice ANY distortion! (I might need new glasses....). I notice at the cheek it squishes out a bit. Have you tried putting a stick through that area? Sticks give you some control over where flexing and warping occur. Sometimes I put them along the jaw line to enourage more warping near the neck.

I notice a nested "Head" layer inside "Head" as well? Not sure what that is... can you rename or move it? Sometimes stray layers like this cause tagging confusion (or things getting stuck).

There is also a yellow outline sticking out beyond where the cheek is in the first screenshot. Layers, even if hidden (e.g. behind a trigger) will affect the warping. I could not work out what it was however, but might be worth investigating. E.g. if you delete that hidden bit of artwork, does the distortion improve?

For these ones, I normally put the yellow mesh of triangles on (icon at bottom of scene panel), then move the head around. Watch how the mesh of triangles warps. It sometimes gives a clue where the distortion is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found! ... Thanks to you !!!
The problem was with the RedCheekRight, I had it rigged like the left and it didn't work well due to parallax, the Right has a clipping mask. I made them independent and everything is working fine now.
This also explains the yellow bubble mesh on the side of the head.

Also Thanks you !!!

Isabelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines