Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Okay Samurai Eye Rigging Question

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In the Eye Rigging tutorial, Dave of OkaySamurai @oksamurai @ok was talking about Blinking of Large-Pupil Character.

But I can't get it why he needs to put the Blink inside the Lid Group. Can it just be directly under Left Eye?

https://youtu.be/5SxNChhm0jo?list=PLq4LynfF_r14w2SwicfetcReq8Y0f_lg_&t=445

Thank you so much,

Tho.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

I think this is also a YouTube comment I just replied to, but: Blink will basically make everything else at its same hierarchy level disappear when it gets triggered. In this case, I think I put it there because I want the blink lids to make any other lids disappear when it's triggered, so you don't have two sets of lids overlapping each other. Or some people turn blinks off completely and do them as manual triggers. Your call!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put it simply, if it works for you, then there's nothing wrong with doing it that way. Bear in mind that CH has evolved a bit since that particular video was made (but I still refer users to it because it's so useful). My puppets do not have lids and the blink action covers the whole eye. It works fine for me. That is not to say that you should eschew best practices - they're called that for a reason. But if you have a technique that works, you should be able to happily stick with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is also a YouTube comment I just replied to, but: Blink will basically make everything else at its same hierarchy level disappear when it gets triggered. In this case, I think I put it there because I want the blink lids to make any other lids disappear when it's triggered, so you don't have two sets of lids overlapping each other. Or some people turn blinks off completely and do them as manual triggers. Your call!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines