• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

overlapping parts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! How could i make some part to belong to head but to cover body? I have a character with a beard, so i want that beard would cover body and shoulders. How can i reach it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Head group is above your Body content in the layers list, then anything within the head (e.g., the beard) should render above the body. The shoulders would be part of the body.

For example, in the Chloe template puppet (available from the Start workspace), if you increase Gravity Strength, you should see her hair appear above her shoulders/body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Problem is that i want to keep body above to let hands sometimes cover the head and allow character to cover his mouth, fix hair e.t.c. I found a solution to make hands separate from body and put them over head

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, glad you found something that works.
Another possible solution might be to use Magnets to attach the beard (which is its own independent group above the body) to the head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you have the right idea. If you want other discussion threads on this topic you can look up “rear hair” for a similar problem. How to get some hair in front of face, head in front of body, but other hair behind body. It is a limitation of the Character Animator model.

Oh, and too much independence mixed with the above is impossible to make work. That is why I have not found a solution that works if Head is independent with hair in a sibling group - it cannot attach the the head any more because it is not a child, but you cannot change the Z-index to be behind the body Mesh Because the hair has to be a child of head to attach to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines