• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Owl that rotates head

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there....I am making an owl in Character Animator.  I need it to turn it's head 180 degrees, but I haven't figured out how to do that.  Does the head have to rotate backwards to it's original position after the turn, or can it continue after it rotates 180 degrees?

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, CH has no parameters for anything with the face pointing away from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want to do is illustrate all the artwork positions of your Rotating Head inside your +Head group. That art u want to use for rotation, you will need to name each layer differently... ie; 1, 2, 3..., or a, b, c... anything so the Cycle Layer behavior can read the images. After you do all your artwork and layering, go into CH and apply Cycle Layer to the parent Layer of your new artwork and watch the magic happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my explanation wasn't good enough, just YouTube, Cycle Layers, for Character animator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues with my owl.  I have two levels under Head, >Frontal and >Head Rotation with 6 layers.  I added a trigger to Head Rotation and the layers go top to bottom/forward and reverse.  It works fine, except when the cycle is done, the head disappears.   I need it to rever it to the default head.  What am I doing wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure "Hold on last layer" is checked in the Cycle Layers prefs so it will stop on the last layer of the cycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experimenting with that, still working on it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines