Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Particle Collide Trigger

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was just curious if you can add somekind of an affect once the particle collides for example i have a snow ball with the particle physics system i collide it with a box once it collides the snow ball breaks and the box which is a cycle layer (In short i want them to break once they collide with each other) is there a way to do it live i know i can do it while recording and stuff but i want to make a mini game for a live class.

If you can't will there be somekind of a system once it collides a trigger activates in the future.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a way to do it in Character Animator, but it can easily be done using actionScript in Adobe Animate. I do not know if Character Animator features are necessary for your game or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking to make a live game for my live classroom where i use characters to talk to the kids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. As a game designer, I am not certain how you would accomplish that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately there is no way to do this - the "Chicken Blaster" example on the homescreen (last example puppet) is kind of the limits of particles in CH, where they can shoot and bump into other objects - but there is no triggering on impact or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's where i got the idea When the chicken collides the boxes dont break they just move due to the momentum being stransfered but i was thinking if character animator can add sometype of a new feature in the collide system where it enables you to set a swap set to the particles when they collide. It's just a sujection. I Do live classes with children using character animator where i am different heroe that i draw by my self and i wanted to make a game where you shoot and the objest breaks just for some fun with the class.

Thank you for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines