• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Physics problem with shareable puppet

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using different puppets for each view of a character because I was running into issues when trying to do all views in one puppet. I have a prop sack that is a shareable puppet with a physics behavior on it. It works in one of my character puppets(side view), but not the other(front view).

The only difference I can find is that there are 2 instances of the prop puppet (Sack) in the front view-- but I've tried deleting one of the instances and it has no effect. Not sure what I'm missing.

Video and screenshots attached. The video shows the side puppet w/ properly working prop, then front glitchy prop.

Thanks so much for your help!

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

It was a rigging issue. A stick was conflicting with the hinge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possibly not a physics issue, but something to do with the attach style. It's set to hinge, and in the side view puppet the shareable hand/sack puppet hinges properly but in the front view, the same shareable puppet is stiff as if it were set to weld. Not sure how to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a rigging issue. A stick was conflicting with the hinge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines