• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pins Not Working

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me why the pins aren't working when I try to move just the neck? It worked earlier. I added pins to his shirt so that only his neck and head would move. The second photo is how it looks now when I move from side to side and I don't want that. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 11.36.36 PM.pngHelp.jpg

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

You out the pins on a nested independent layer. That tells ch to pin it to the parent (the head in your case), not to the scene. Delete those pins and try putting them on the root character layer instead ("YouTuber"). That should pin it to the scene so it does not move.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You out the pins on a nested independent layer. That tells ch to pin it to the parent (the head in your case), not to the scene. Delete those pins and try putting them on the root character layer instead ("YouTuber"). That should pin it to the scene so it does not move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That worked. I'm not sure why it stopped before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be the pins can be anywhere that is not independent, so you picked a layer deeper than normal? Frequently I say "it works, move along, move along..." 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines