Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project file NOT OPENING

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received this error message when i open my project file. PLEASE HELP

Unable to open project “/Users/...../repo.noindex/”. If it is located on a server, copy it to a local drive and open it from there

Found another thread with this similar problem, but couldn't find the solution. PLEASE HELP

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advice I gave in https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/please-help-my-character-file-will-not-open-when-i... is the same - please zip your entire project (chproj file + all supplemental folders), upload it as a shared link (Dropbox, Google Drive, Creative Cloud, etc), and DM me, @CoSA_DaveS, or @DanTull to take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is what I suspect it is, I might get a pretty good idea from just the Ch Data/repo.noindex subfolder and that's a lot smaller to zip up and send. (we can always get the rest if it turns out to be needed for a diagnosis)

In any case, here's hoping we can get it patched up. :o)

Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sent to @DanTull 

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that find this later, the issue was that the database file had been corrupted. I was able to repair it this time, thankfully. 

The project was in the pre-4.0 database backed file format. That format is susceptible to corruptions during power outages, abrupt external disk ejection, operating system crashes, and a few obscure scenarios that can happen in network sync'd folders. New projects created in 4.0 (or run through 4.0's "Save As" command to create new ones with existing content but without history) use a new format we designed to be more robust to all these forms of damage and also easier to repair (and a little smaller, too).

I just sent the database file back, but I'm hoping based on tests I did locally that this corruption story is one with a happy ending. Once you're at a point where you don't need to use Character Animator's persistent undo history and are sure you'll continue working in 4.0 and later, I'd recommend using "Save As" to convert the project to the newer format.

Thanks for the report!

Dan Tull

Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan! Can you please take a look at my project? I have weeks worth of work and am getting the same error message as above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines