Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project won't open - libgit2 error -3(9/Object not found – no match for id

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

When I try to open my Character Animator project, I get the following Error message:

libgit2 error -3(9/Object not found – no match for id (ff7429548d977fd5216cb30c4dbccf7045ba81f) returned from git_tag_lookup(&tag.p, repoP→mRawRepoP, &tagOid)

I'm running Character Animator CC 2019 on Windows.
Below I've attached a screenshot of the error message and of my Ch Data\repo.noindex folder.
Any ideas on what this error message means? Or how I can fix it?
libgit error.png
I've been silly enough not to backup my project. I have exported the recordings I've done so far, but it would still be nice to recover the project to avoid needing to re-rig puppets for future recordings.

I closed Character Animator cleanly the last time I used it - it did not crash.

UPDATE:

After searching through the forums, I thought I'd add some additional info. I have my project and all assets saved in my Creative Cloud folder, and syncing is on. I've just noticed that the Adobe Creative Cloud App is not showing that Character Animator is installed. Nor does it show Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects or Audition are installed. It only shows Media Encoder and Lightroom. Following the steps on the following page has not resolved this issue - https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/apps-panel-reflect-creative-cloud.html

Apps panel doesn't show installed Adobe Creative Cloud apps

I will continue investigating.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Hi,

We had the same error (on mac), in a folder which was on the Creative Cloud.

It seemed that the Creative Cloud had created a conflicted copy. Character Animator was referring to the data in the conflicted copy. So we removed the file with the original name and renamed the conflicted copy. We could then open the Character animator project.

In our case it were the files:

Ch Data\repo.noindex\odb (Conflicted copy from ...).sqlite3 -> this was the good one

Ch Data\repo.noindex\odb.sqlite3 -> this was

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We had the same error (on mac), in a folder which was on the Creative Cloud.

It seemed that the Creative Cloud had created a conflicted copy. Character Animator was referring to the data in the conflicted copy. So we removed the file with the original name and renamed the conflicted copy. We could then open the Character animator project.

In our case it were the files:

Ch Data\repo.noindex\odb (Conflicted copy from ...).sqlite3 -> this was the good one

Ch Data\repo.noindex\odb.sqlite3 -> this was the bad one

Good luck,

Sam

------------------------------
We explain how to do stuff
animation - video - elearning for technical trainings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This fixed my issue as well. Using Mac with project stored on CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Character Animator uses a database project format, file syncing services like Creative Cloud, Dropbox, etc. can interfere with the project by temporarily locking access to the files while it uploads them to the cloud. Because of this, we recommend working with your project locally, then store an archived(zip of the entire project folder) version in the cloud.

I will see if there's anything we can do on our end to make this problem less likely to occur, especially with the Creative Cloud syncing service.

Dan Ramirez

CH QA Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem but my project is saved on an external Hard Drive, not on the Cloud. Any idea about how to solve it? Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar issue, though the solution mentioned doesn't work. Help please!!

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 13.47.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines