• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupils not moving

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My characters' pupils aren't moving and I can't figure out why. My layer breakdown is attached.

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to tell without having the art to examine, but my guess is that with a "right pupil" layer inside a "right pupil" group, both are auto-tagged Right Pupil. In that case the group will be the one that's controlled by Face (and the Rigging Issues panel should warn you that the layer one isn't matched to any behaviors). Since you have the layer crowned it will be on its own mesh. Still, that should move with its parent group, so I wouldn't expect it to be stuck. But try crowning the group instead of the layer, or making sure you have only one layer/group named "right pupil" (and same for left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made sure just the group was tagged as each pupil and only crowned the group and still no movement in the pupils.

I've attached the artwork with the rigging issues panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my delayed reply. I'm not seeing any smoking gun there. If you're willing to DM me the .puppet file I should be able to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines