Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet moving not correctly

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am just slowly getting desparate searching for a mistake I made while seting up this puppet. The head is movieng completely wrong, as well as parts of the shoulders, while walking. one eye seems to be moving ok, the otherone does not. Any ideas on how to fix this mess?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to fix it? One step at a time! 😉

The rigging hierarchy screen shot was very useful, thanks.

I suspect the "background" layer in the head group should not be independent. Independent layers (like all the eyes etc) need something to attach to. See how your yellow line for the body does not include the face area? That means all the eyes extra are floating. I am guessing "background" is the rest of the face area, so removing independence will make the yellow outline cover the whole head area, giving something for the face parts to attach to.

Next, I am suspicious about the numbers in head layers (the "1" and "2" etc next to layer names). These indicate handles (including dangles) on those layers. A common mistake is to have a handle with a tag that the behavior hooks up to instead of the layer - e.g. if you have a handle called "Left Eyebrow" on the "head" layer, it would use that instead of the actual eyebrows, and it would look bad. I would go through the head layer and remove any handles other than draggers and dangles.

Then report back and we can see what the next issue is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the fast reponse! The other numbers next to layer names are dangles, they are ctuelly working well (I also have a sitting version of this puppet, the problems starts allways when she starts walking).

You were right with the "backround" layer, look what it does now though, it streches the top of the head while walking. The left Eye is also still being weird, the pupil seems not to be moving individuely from the eyeball (which was somehow no problem in the sitting version...)

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-27 um 23.13.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would still recommend going through the layers one by one and checking for handles. For example, you report a problem with the Left Eye, and I notice a "1" next to it (but not on the Right eye). A dangle on an eye seems like an interesting thing... but maybe not for your particular character! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a really good point :D. It seems to be there from a reason I do not understand. How can I remove it? I don`t find anything redundant in the picture (sorry if it is a stupid question, this is my first more complicated character)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you click on the layer, there should be a little circle somewhere. The origin handles have dotted lines for the circle, handles have a solid line. Single click on it and hit the DEL key to delete it. (There might be another way, but that is what I do!) They can be hard to see when all the graphics overlap etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines