• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet triggers not animating properly

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**Have posted this in the beta forums, but it hasn't gotten any traction there. Hoping to get some here, if it's allowed**

CA (Beta) 22.6.0.53

I have a project that I've created with the fully rigged Armando puppet. It's been working great but I loaded up the project today and none of his arm triggers are animating properly and I'm not sure what happened, if I clicked something wrong or if it's a program error.

I even created a new project, downloaded the Armando puppet fresh (no graphical changes) and imported him into the new project with the same results.

All triggers appear to be trying to move the arm, but they all appear to be pinned at the wrist, though there are no fixed pins in the puppet arms. The only exception is the "Straight Forward" layer. The only difference is that the Straight Forward is lacking an elbow to shoulder bone. I tried deleting that bone, just to check, but it didn't make a difference.

Playing around in the poperties panel, in the Leader/Follower [Right Arm] if I change the "when" to "Off" it sort of fixes it, but now the default position is the "Straight Forward" layer. Same if I uncheck "Position". If I change it to "After/Before IK" then arms return to rest, and they move slightly more, but they're still exhibiting weird behaviour.

Anyone have any clues as to what's going on?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to the Armando Puppet, in case anyone needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is due to the way the "Leader/Follower" behavior works. Try turning off Leader/Follower on the right (click the red dot and eyeball off) and triggers should work as expected. Leader/Follower + Dragger was fighting with the trigger position and so you get a mishmash of both, which doesn't look great. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines