• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded dynamic physics is incorrect when played back

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have been having issues with the recording being a lot different than what I actually do during the recording session when it comes to puppets tagged with the dynamic tag. I have my own puppets set up that are not functioning correctly, but to make sure it wasn't my puppet having rigging issues, I downloaded the basics physics puppet from Adobe to demostrate, so that the set up of the puppet wouldn't be the issue.

And here is a video of my screen as I record and play back.

You can see my actions as I record, but when I go back to view, it's totally different than what I wanted recorded. I uninstalled and reinstalled CA right before filming that just in cast there was a glitch in my update. Is that's what supposed to happen when I record? It really makes no sense to me why it doesn't record my actions as I move the draggable item. (Note: If I turn off the dynamic tag, but leave collide and draggable attached, it will properly record the scene, but I really need the dynamic tag to work)

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is confusing. I think the reason you're seeing a different result on playback is that when you dragged backwards in time, the simulation was still running and moved the objects so they were no longer in their original position.

Try hitting the refresh button at the bottom of the scene panel before playing back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the refresh button in my video capture in the last replay (30 second mark) because I thought that could be the problem but it still didn't play back like I recorded initially. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still trying to get this fixed. In the default physic puppet, f I change "After Move" to "Hold in place" it will record properly. If I leave it as "Return to rest", the problem occurs with it not recording properly. Not sure why that is happening or why it makes a difference, but it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this seems weird. Checking now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking into this now, seems like a bug (this used to work). For now, hold in place is probably your best option. Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for checking on it and letting me know it's not just something wrong on my computer! 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines