• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording output goes only to one side

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! every time Im recording, after export I hear every thing my left speaker.

is there a way to fix that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

So you can play back stereo, you can load stereo. That makes me suspect the recording in CH is mono going only to one channel. I believe most microphones are mono - but some stereo mics do exist. So if you have a normal mono mike and CH in stereo mode, maybe it sends the audio to only one channel?

So a suggestion (I don’t know the answer - just suggesting some experiments) is to change the mike in CH to mono (the recording settings) if you can and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I wan to add, that its not only after exporting. even when i hear my own recordings inside character animator.

always hear on one speaker only. unlike stuff i did not record my self, whom I hear just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you are doing stereo recordings, but with a mono microphone or something like that. It would be good to try and track down whether the recording is wrong, or the playback is wrong. I would first review the audio settings in CH (under Preferences) to see if anything looks like mono/stereo when it should not be.

Can you find a stereo audio file and load that into CH then play it back. Does that come out in stereo?

Do audio files in general play back okay? (It’s not something silly like a cable not plugged in is it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

So when i upload any audio file to Ch, i can hear it on both sides.

Enother wierd clue:

After I exported my audio into after effects, i used the reverb option on part of the audio.

This part and only this part was heared from both sides.

On Ch, the audio input is set on stereo.

What do u mean by saying mono microphone ?

I use audio technica at2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can play back stereo, you can load stereo. That makes me suspect the recording in CH is mono going only to one channel. I believe most microphones are mono - but some stereo mics do exist. So if you have a normal mono mike and CH in stereo mode, maybe it sends the audio to only one channel?

So a suggestion (I don’t know the answer - just suggesting some experiments) is to change the mike in CH to mono (the recording settings) if you can and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this was it, ty !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character Animator is recording stereo channels from your input device, both 1+2.  Depending on your hardware device, you might be able to duplicate channel 1 over to channel 2, or record from the master bus that includes the stereo signal.  Which audio input device are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines