• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove boundary?

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not make sensee, but ill try. (Im still new) I can add an object to any body part with no issues, but when i had anything to the face, there is a boundary that will not let me have the object protrude past the face group. in this example i have a bandanna with a piece hanging off, and it wont allow it to past the boundary. Why is this happening, how do I change it? the reason I'm doing this is becuase you cant edit sticky in PS at all, so this is a workaroud to have the bandanna move with the face. seems silly, but I'm not getting any other answers. Thank you!!Screenshot (11).png

TOPICS
Bugs , Feature requests , How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

How do i turn clipping On/Off  stuff may look funky becuase im messing around a bit, but that sounds like what im refering to! thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by "wont let me", but I notice you have clipping turned on for a few layers (e.g. The Face has clipping turned on). I am wondering if that is what you are referring to. (Clipping is turned on/off via the menus.) I would try turning clipping off to see if things behave better - but you might find other things break as a result. But it might give you a starting point to move forward from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i turn clipping On/Off  stuff may look funky becuase im messing around a bit, but that sounds like what im refering to! thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the layer, then pick "Create/Release Clipping Mask" from the "Puppet" drop down menu. Its that funky bent down arrow next to the layer name in the rigging hierarchy (just in front of "The Face" in the screenshot you provided.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome! worth knowing just to know. There is a lot of things that didnt get mentioned when i watch/read tutorials lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have already been so helpful maybe you can help with another thing. When I add something to a frontal group, it also adds to left/right profiles. How can i just get it to only go on one profile? Any changes made in one area effects the rest. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally I create a single PSD/AI file and create a puppet from that. What you can do however is reuse parts of a body using "shared puppets". I never do that myself (no experience with it). But if you look at the screenshot, you see those little puppet icons next to layers? I think those indicate that part is a shared puppet. When you update the shared puppet, all occurrences get updated (because its shared). If you copy the puppet artwork directly into the main artwork (once per profile), I think you will find updating one no longer updates the other profiles as well. (Most puppets do not use shared puppets.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines