Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replays not recording

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My replays are not recording and I cannot figure out why. The replays play fine if I'm not recording. When I hit the record button, then trigger the replay I see the replay but once I stop the recording nothing gets recorded on my timeline. I know that it has to be something simple but can't figure it out. If I pose my puppet and record that works. It's only the replays that don't record. I've restarted my computer as well. I'm using version 22.2. Does anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You possibly are recording over your original recording.....if you are trying to record a track again.....make sure when playing back the original recording....have a track 2....3.....4..... that you have to record track 1......

unnamed.jpg

This is You 33 Publishing Networks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you activate all the behaviors for recording the replay. If a behavior is not in record mode, the replay value won't be recorded (just like in a live performance).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they're all activated. I've attatched a sample image...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows draggers and triggers are enabled for recording (the red dot), the others are not. (That might be okay - what does the trigger recording contain? Does it contain dragger and trigger recordings only? Or other things like eye movements?)

If you start recording, do a manual thing with the puppet like what is in the replay, then trigger a replay, then do another manual thing, then stop recording, what does the recording contain? All 3? None? The manual things only?

The confusing thing you are saying is the puppet follows the trigger, so the trigger is working. I cannot think of why if you go into record mode with the right puppet etc selected, the right behaviors with the record button on, my understanding is the replay is just like you doing it manually. I suspect you have something to do with the record mode wrong, hence the experiment in the previous paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying the your experiment the only thing to record was the manual movements. None of the replays recorded. Te replays include triggers and draggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you hitting a trigger key to do the replays, like 1 or A or something? Note that pressing the play button in the Replays area won't record them.

If it's still not working, if you can post a video of what happens that would be helpful for us trying to troubleshoot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This was my issue. I went ot see another video on recording triggers. The triggers were already there, but weren't assigned a letter. I did D for dance and voila. Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just worked for me.
I was pressing my replays once I had hit the record button, and it wasn't recording my replays.
I set the the letter M to one of the replay triggers and pressed it after hitting record, THEN it worked.

Is there some sort of fix for this?  As I am running out of hotkeys/letters for replays triggers.  I mean if they are in the replay section on right it's a lot easier to press the play button rather than assign a Letter to each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do have the option of selecting a replay, going to Edit > Copy, and then pasting it on the timeline. Personally this feels a little too messy to me as it adds a track for everything, whereas a trigger would only be one track.

Alternatively, triggers also don't need a key - one workaround would be to use the Controls panel instead (usually tabbed next to Triggers), where you can make as many trigger buttons as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines