• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging Issues

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing so good then everything just fell apart...can someone plese help me....i added left and right profile to walk....it was working at first then everything just fell apart i dont know what i clicked...then all of these other rigging issue popped up. Can someone help me tweek it just a little for it to function. Thank You.

Screenshot (65).png

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get layers to be used by a behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be using the wrong tags. The tags "At Rest" and "Moving Right" are not used for walking. See https://youtu.be/gv_2Upvtm-M for more info about the correct walk tags, like left profile and right profile. If you look at the example character and follow their organization and tagging exactly, it will work.

The Walk behavior lets your animated characters walk, slump, sneak, run, and more. In this tutorial, we'll look at the differences between simple and three view walk rigging, and then go through a step by step process rigging a PSD file to get it up and running (literally). We'll also show how to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks...i watched the video....question...why in one video you tag the body with shoulder tags and hip tags but in another video you tag the arms and legs with the shoulder and hip tags? Can you explain the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(My guess is if arms are independent the shoulder tags must be on the body, but if not independent then it does not matter)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a midi app for iphone to control midi on character animator? and being that you can use cameras in CH would that effect your editing while dynamic linking your project to AE or PR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i have cameras, backgrounds and foregrounds in CH, what are things i can do if a dynamic linked it to AE...Can i add things between layers in that CH project? if not what can i do? just add on top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Limb IK and Walking deal with shoulder tags differently. You shouldn't notice a big difference where you put the shoulder tags for walk, but they're a bigger deal for Limb IK. The latest video I linked to shows the most updated info.
  • I've never used a MIDI app, but I have used a MIDI keyboard and other devices to control CH triggers.
  • When you dynamic link a CH project into PR or AE, everything will come over as a single piece of footage. So you can think of dynamic link like it's bringing over a flat video of your scene with transparency (if applicable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding midi apps on phone, I tried some a few years back but found them less useful than a physical midi device (i like big buttons!). I definitely got midi events over a network into Windows and CH. There are a some tools around that might help, like LoopMidi which can send midi events from one computer to another. But I would also have a good look at 8x8 midi button boards or foot pedals if you are serious about it. But I can understand the appeal of a set of buttons in an ipad app or similar.

Could be fun if CH could host a web server with a button panel (the control panel). Eg bring it up on an ipad connected over wifi. Less messing around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I guess could build a stand-alone webserver that displays a web page with buttons, and the server generates midi events. Any programmers out there with a bit of spare time? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i make my recordings move faster....sometimes i get my hand moving too slow when everything else is moving good....how do i go in the timeline and tweak only the hand to move faster? i was looking for keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a video of my puppet please take a look at my recorded replay....im trying to figure out why the hand is rotating so slow when i 2 frame recorded it to be set at that position, can you tell me what am i do doing wrong or what i should tweek please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a gap between the draggable handle and a stick in the forearm, you can run into rotation/bending issues. Try making the stick in the forearm go through the hand itself and you should see it work better. You may want to add Limb IK as well to get better elbow bends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the stick and its still doing it

Screenshot (66).png

I noticed that it moves perfectly when i scrub back without refreshing the scene...but when i refresh the scene and press play the hand goes back to rotating slow...idk why...i have limb IK on my puppet. Check out the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this occasionally but never worked out quite why. In my case if the hand was twisted relative to the default puppet pose it could happen.

I notice the green dot out beyond the dragger. I think it is something to do with the relative placement of things. You could try moving things a bit to see if it helps. Eg I would try the forearm stick longer to go from elbow to tip of fingers and see if that helps. Othwise move dragger out past the green dot near tip of fingers.

if you work out a solution I would love to hear what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that actually worked perfect...thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines