Exit

Scene Resolution

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution of my scene looks good inside of Ch:

woodya9882332_0-1633000995132.png

but when I use dynamic link and play it in Pr, it looks blurry (I have playback resolution set to Full in Pr):

woodya9882332_1-1633001070855.png

Not sure how obvious it is from these pics, but playback in Pr looks a lot blurrier and less crisp. Any suggestions for how to keep the resolution high and the scene looking clear? My ultimate goal is to have a video ready for Youtube, etc and for the resolution to look as high as possible.

Thank you

TOPICS
Dynamic link , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do as much scaling in ch as possible, not in the other app. It gets sent over as a bitmap. That is most common cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - how do i go about scaling properly in Ch? And will that effect the
cameras/zooms that i have in place?

--
[image: logo for wix_edited_edited.png]
Woody Abbott
The Rabbott Company
www.rabbottkids.com
(214) 725-7377

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras and zooms are the easist way to scale. What i meant is if in ch you output say 720x640 then scale that up to 1920x1080 or whatever, then as soon as you scale in the other tool, blur can happen. Even if a few pixels different, it has to rescale.

To test, create a new prem pro / after effects track, more sure the ch scene and ae/pp sequence dimensions are the same, and drop the ch scene in. Does it immediately look blurred?

I don't know if this is your problem, but it's the first thing i would check. If you grabbed the corner of the rectangle in ae/pp and adjusted it slightly, you can cause blur. It's better to use camera etc in ch to do all resizing. 

Nothing else comes to mind after that sorry. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks. So I basically need the project sizes to match (in Ch and Pr). I see that my Ch project is 1920x1080, which cuts off in Pr because, I assume, it's too big. How do I check in Pr what I need the size to be?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think if you right click on a Sequence and bring up Sequence Properties the resolution is in there...  But the fact that it is being clipped makes me think the resolutions are different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines