Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Rest Pose Midi trigger

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i have built a puppet puppet and a number of backgrounds that I'm triggering via a midi keyboard.  I am using them during a live performance streaming the scene to a projector. Everything is working well but I can't figure out if I can use a midi trigger to "Set Rest Pose" as opposed to hitting "Command + P".

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? And if so, how to do it?

Many thanks in advance,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Character doesn't currently include a way to do this. Now that you mention it, I could see where once you had all the triggers assigned to MIDI setting the rest pose would be handy to do there as well.

The scripting APIs under the hood would make this fairly easy, it just isn't built in right now.

I bet there's apps out there that would let you bind a MIDI key and route it to an app as though it were the keyboard shortcut which might be an ok workaround.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai​ - is this for you perhaps? I don’t know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. Search for Set Rest Pose, then set whatever shortcut key(s) you want!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've seen that I can change the keyboard shortcut but was wanting to know if I can assign "Set Rest Pose" to a MIDI trigger. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character doesn't currently include a way to do this. Now that you mention it, I could see where once you had all the triggers assigned to MIDI setting the rest pose would be handy to do there as well.

The scripting APIs under the hood would make this fairly easy, it just isn't built in right now.

I bet there's apps out there that would let you bind a MIDI key and route it to an app as though it were the keyboard shortcut which might be an ok workaround.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Dan. It's not the answer I was hoping for but at least I know now. Put a word in for me to have it included in the next update 😉 Cheers, Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the question was more like can you assign MIMI triggers against keyboard shortcuts too. They want a MIDI key for Set Rest Pose, not a keyboard shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines