• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent background issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export my CH scene into Premiere pro but everytime I try, the background come sout black. Ive read through the other discussions and tried those methods but I still get a black background, whether its a dyynamic link or through AME. I dont want to use PNG and WAV since its way to many images the editor cant get through all of them. I'm really desperate

TOPICS
Bugs , Dynamic link , Feature requests , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the media export with transparency menu item. Most video formats do not support transparency (it goes black). There is only a few video formats with transparency support. IDynamic link is another way, but I don't use it much so don't have advice on it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where I could find that option? Is it in AME or CH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside CH. You can export media (a video file) from ch and specify the default media export or media export with transparency. It creates a video file vis AME.

Dynamic linking is another option, but I would try the above first to make sure it's not something like your artwork actually has a solid color background. Note, if you create a file, most video playback tools with show transparency as black - so you need to load it into prem pro or similar and layer it to be sure it is / is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was able to do it, thank you! I really appreciate your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you figured it out, but Dynamic Link should always include an alpha channel, so if your Character scene doesn't include a background, it will not have a background in PR. That said, PR will default to show a black background, so you would need footage beneath the CH footage to be able to see a non-black background. 

If using video, you'll want to use the Export>Video with alpha channel via AME. This will ensure that the media choice on export supports an alpha channel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I am in Character Animator the scene will not stay transparent it keeps switching to default backgrounds for my puppets that I have made from the puppet maker. No matter what I do cannot make the default background go away. I am going to tell everyone to never use this garbage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no experience with puppet maker. If it is putting a background layer in your puppet, I would delete it if you don't want it. There is no "default background" in Ch. It is transparent by default. If you export to a video clip file, make sure you use a video clip file with transparency support or else it will put a color in by default (typically black or white). Also beware that almost all video clip playing tools will replace transparency with black or white even if in the file. So it can be hard to be sure a video clip file has transparency in it or not.

PS: Offensive attitudes in community forums with other folks who volunteer their spare time to help others is not a good way to ask for assistance. A lot of people here volunteer a lot of time to help others out of the goodness of their hearts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Character animator for years but haven´t tried the puppet maker till now. I´m having the exact same issue, no matter what background you use it always put the background black, so, no red, no yellow, no transparent, only black. In the puppet maker window shows the backgruond correctly but after generating it the background always changes to black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned out to be a background automation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines