• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to import a puppet into premiere pro takes hours

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 20 minute long project, but keeps getting stuck everytime I open my PC to work. It takes hours before the puppets have fully loaded. Until them it just says: Media pending. Once it is fully incorporated into Premiere pro, I rendered the project and thought it would work moving forward. But turning on my computer today I have been waiting for a few hours now, and media is still pending.

I am at a loss. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps looking like this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance depends on many things. Personally, I avoid "dynamic linking" dragging CH scenes into prem pro because of performance. I do it only when necessary. Instead, what I generally do is export a video file from CH for a scene, then compose then load the video clips into prem pro.

The negative is you have to regenerate the clip each time you make a change. The positive is prem pro goes MUCH faster as it is not re-rendering the project over and over again.

You can do a mix - for clips you are actively developing use dynamic linking. Then when you are happy, export a video file from CH and load that into Prem Pro instead.

If you need transparency, use the export option with transparency support. Most video file formats do not support transparency, but there are a few Adobe supports. The menu option export with transparency picks a good format for you that prem pro will understand as well.

Alternatively, create multiple short prem pro segments (a few mins each), do everything as you do now in prem pro, then export that short clip as a final video file in prem pro. Then do the next scene (not sure if you need separate prem pro projects to avoid rerender ing or not). Then finally combine the clips.

Basically you are trying to cache results of rendering on behalf of Adobe CH/PremPro as dynamic linking does not cache the results very well - e.g. probably rerender everything each time you open PremPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try. Makes sense. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A 20 minute project is pretty big and Premiere has to cache all the frames before it shows the link correctly. At that point I would probably try exporting as a PNG sequence + WAV, which will lead to a ton of files but probably significantly better performance in Premiere. As Alan said, another strategy would be to cut it up into smaller 3-5 minute segments. Also, if you ever see a red line above the timeline, you can select the dynamic link clip and go to Sequence > Render Selection.

The longest I've gone for dynamic link is about 10 minutes (from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_-NrOtjM8), and on a new Macbook M1 I'd say it took roughly 30-45 seconds for dynamic link to cache correctly in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines