• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using edit Original

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having some trouble opening my puppet in edit original I want to open it in Adobe Photoshop but instead it takes me to Adobe Animate cc. So how do I set it to open in Photoshop?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

AndrewW,

See this forum post for a solution: Within Adobe Illustrator - Edit Original Image Command

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the artwork file name? (File extensin particular). if you select the puppet, the path name should be at the top of the properties panel.

If it is a PSD file extension, can you double click on the file (outside character animator). Does it launch the wrong tool?

i am wondering if the file extension got associated with the wrong program, or it’s using a different file than expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been following this tutorial where the video starts where my issue is.  Getting Started in Adobe Character Animator CC - YouTube   The name of the project is called Blank Face (Photoshop) I'm trying to create the actual puppet itself all I have currently is the floating facial recognition head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not likely to be in the software itself, but rather how the operating system picks which software to run. one way to reset it is to remove and reinstall the software. i hesitate to suggest this in case something goes wrong, but a few people in forums have done it without issue and had installation problems fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning-I'm not as knowledgeable as Alan. My suggestion would be to open it in Illustrator first and then save it to Photoshop. Mine automatically opens in AI-However, my puppets were made in AI.

FYI-I find this ability to open the original extremely helpful. For me, it comes up with all the views, which can be used for stills and have great resolution. I've got a separate folder for characters in puppet and in still form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AndrewW,

See this forum post for a solution: Within Adobe Illustrator - Edit Original Image Command

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

right click the  Blank (Photoshop) file in the Name panel -> "Reveal in Explorer". Now you can open it with Photoshop or Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines