• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

walk cycle head bobbing control

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some way to control the amount of up and down movement of the puppet head during the walk cycle. Overall the walk cycle looks good. I've played around with moving the neck, head, shoulders. waist, etc. but no change seems to make much difference. It's not a huge deal. Just looking for more control. The transition from standing to walking would look better if I could more control over this. Heads don't normally move up and down as much when we walk.

link to puppet
thx

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not looked at puppet, but sometimes the distance between the head and neck handle etc seemed to make a difference - you might experiment moving the tags to see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Not a lot of success with that. Seems to be a baked in behavior. I tried this convoluted attempt:  Made a trigger that scales up the y and moves y position (so feet stay on the ground). Then, made a replay trigger with the walk behavior and the scaling trigger. It's actually not very noticeable when the puppet's scale and position changes slightly. This has the effect of reducing the look that the puppet is ducking its head down before.  hack hack hack 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines