Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

walk cycle issue

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everybody,

i am new to aca and i am working on my first chraracter.

it seems that everything works pretty good (for the first time) but the walk cycle does not.

i do not realy know what i do wrong...i followed some tutorials and looked at the maddy psd file and puppet file.

i have different views, frontal, right quarter and left quarter. when i turn off the layer for frontal and left quarter view

and then go to the record tap and press the right arrow key the chracter walks...but only on the same place.

if i leave the fontal layer on and deactivate the other layers(as it is in the maddy example) the walkcycle does not work at all.

i also recognize that the left quarter walk does not work either.

do i need to setup left and right arrow keys or does the walk behavior that automaticaly.

any help or hint would be fine, i put a link to the .puppet file of my character.

thanks a lot

https://adobe.ly/2wm2UbD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

hi,

i solved my problem last night.

just to let you know:

my sideview layers are named "left quarter" and "right quarter" but only "left profile" and "right profile" is recognized by the

walk behavior. so i tagged my quarter views as profile views in the puppets properties.

i also forgott to set the body speed to 100%......

thats it, easy to fix and everthing works fine.

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

i solved my problem last night.

just to let you know:

my sideview layers are named "left quarter" and "right quarter" but only "left profile" and "right profile" is recognized by the

walk behavior. so i tagged my quarter views as profile views in the puppets properties.

i also forgott to set the body speed to 100%......

thats it, easy to fix and everthing works fine.

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines