• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When would Character Animator replace Adobe Animate?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously...

All you need is to make your triggers interactive with website users and you'll have a super more power software than Adobe Aninmate,

Flash is already dead... and Animate is a real mess to work with.

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree that Animate can be a mess to work with, Character Animator is not, and probably never will be a replacement for it (at least not for many years). They're really two different pieces of software, with Animate being both a frame-by-frame "traditional" animation software and an interative web animation tool (two things that really don't go together, but that's the story of most software that's more than a couple decades old), whereas Character Animator is a performance-based character animation software. Yes, we can add keyframes in CH now, but you don't have nearly the same kind of precision for certain tasks that you do in Animate. I would think that After Effects is more likely to integrate web interactivity than Character Animator is, and that doesn't seem to be anywhere on the horizon for AE, so who knows, maybe there's a modern web interaction tool or workflow for Photoshop in development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interactive video isn't that big deal... it's been around since 90's...   I think I have seen people selling software to create interactive videos on Facebook..

The creation of "buttons" on the web isn't hard to do... or creation of "triggers" in CH isn't hard to do either.

Imagine creating a web container code with your video and have the buttons available to manipulate it the way you want it, and being able able to make it sharable...   Or... a container with your SVG pictures and have buttons to control it the way you want it.....  

Flash used to be popular even with a messing software where you still needed to code because it was the only way at the time.

Today people code a lot of things directly in their websites, and softwares like Animate in which you still need to code, those type os softwares are just not needed anymore... now... imagine taking the code out for some level of interaction... it would save me time on the coding, and I would create my educational video much faster... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines