• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't scene window show object in its animated location/position at frame I'm on in timeline?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several objects that I am dragging independently around the screen in my animation. Why is it that whichever one I have selected only appears in its original location rather than wherever it is for that particular frame of the timeline that I've recorded. Similarly, why is it that puppet reverts to default pose when I'm not playing timeline. I don't understand how to continue animating from a point further in my timeline if I can't see the object in its current position.

To be clear - I'm not talking about the setting for "after move" where when I'm recording and stop dragging the pose either holds or returns to default. I mean that while recording I have dragged an object from screen center to upper right of screen. And when I playback it travels to upper right and stays there but the moment I stop actively playing the object I have selected pops back to its starting position (though when I go frame by frame in the scene window or play, it animates just as I have recorded it).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Character Animator is by default in a "live and ready to record" mode (we call it "rehearsal mode") - and because of that, any previous dragger recordings aren't live and not factored in. There is a workaround - check out the part in this tutorial about recording two arms by adding an extra dragger behavior: https://youtu.be/XolxHNixBpA?t=263

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines