• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation for ExtendScript ability to control Adobe Audition?

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old post in the Audition forum suggested this was a better place to ask programming questions related to ExtendScript and Adobe Audition.

I am exploring feasibility of a hobby project, but could not find Adobe Audition ExtendScript documentation online to see if the available APIs were available. (Checking feasibility before investing any serious time in it.)

Use case: I want to create an audio file using Google Cloud speech synthensis. It can generate "marks" which are time offsets in the audio file, so I know in the audio file where each word starts and ends. I then want to turn this into a song by specifying the desired pitch and length of each word. I can write a program that computes the current length, I know the pitch the clip was created with, so I want to apply computed pitch shift and duration stretch instructions in Audition. This will be computed different per word, not something I can do with "favorites".

I know it will sound a bit choppy. Another approach is to generate multiple audio clips at different pitches and speeds and write a program to chop up the different word clips and try joining them together. I am trying to work out if Adobe Audition is a good choice for this, or should I look for another program.

Is there any documentation (or can people provide a short sample code snippet) on the API? I assume I need to

- load file

- select time span of a sequence

- apply pitch shift by specified amount to the time span

- apply duration stretch/shrink (maintaining pitch) to the time span

- save file

I have written some simple (working) ExtendScript for Adobe After Effects, so I know the basics, but I could not work out how to see the Audition APIs. I used the docs at https://buildmedia.readthedocs.org/media/pdf/after-effects-scripting-guide/latest/after-effects-scri... for After Effects, but I could not find docs there for Audition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Those were all links to documentation.

Here are some TypeScript definitions from the community. Watch the video in the repo: https://github.com/aenhancers/Types-for-Adobe

Here's another video about getting started: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a90H-Pf61LQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably built a panel to accomplish quite a bit of this, but probably not everything.  To start, I would recommend visiting https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/Audition and looking at the sample extensions there.  You'll see two in particular that you can use to view all Application Commands as well as the ScriptDictionary which will show you Object Model descriptions and details on implementation for the exposed scripting functions.

A CEP extension is a native panel that hosts a Chromium Embedded Browser.  By loading an additional library from the Adobe github site above, you'll be able to transfer data, commands, and metadata back and forth between the panel and the application.

Opening a file, making selections, and saving it aren't an issue.  I'm not sure that the scripting interface supports sending effect parameters, however.  You might be able to work around this by creating a series of Favorites for each of the pitch shifter notes you want to be able to access, but that won't be very flexible for changing the timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what he asked.  Still looking for ExtendScript documentation for Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what any of that is - Is there a guide that would allow a person to use the Adobe interface within extendScript? 

It's very hard to write anything of use without knowing what arguments the program is expecting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those were all links to documentation.

Here are some TypeScript definitions from the community. Watch the video in the repo: https://github.com/aenhancers/Types-for-Adobe

Here's another video about getting started: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a90H-Pf61LQ

ExtendScript Toolkit CC is used a lot in scripting for the Adobe products like After Effects, Premier, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. It's probably the best option for beginners that just want to create some small scripts. However for someone like me it's quite annoying, not very ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines