• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 cfsetup datasource export not working with custom driver?

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to automate my installation and configuration for CF2021 on a docker container but i´m stuck with importing the exported configuration of datasources type "other" ( Custom Microsoft JDBC Driver provided through .jar in cfusion/lib folder).

My steps where:

1. Start Docker Container & import .jar file in lib

2. Create the datasource on CFAdmin - connection established - everything green and connection works with cfquery.

3. cfsetup export datasource datasource.json cfusion

4. Throw away docker container & Start new

5. cfsetup import datasource datasource.json cfusion

Error Message:

ERR: Validation failed for following setting(s) in DATASOURCE:
DRIVER.
ERR: Import of datasource_test in DATASOURCE is unsuccessful.
ERR: Import of DATASOURCE is unsuccessful.

As the error messages mentiones "DRIVER" i looked at the json to find this line:

"DRIVER""Microsoft JDBC 7.4.1 Driver",
I already tried to remove the . and whitespaces - same results.

I also tried the exact same thing with the builtin Microsoft SQL Server Driver - this works fine.

Someone has an Idea why this is not working?
TOPICS
Database access , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing the same issue, albeit that when the data source with a Driver Type of Other is exported, the value of DRIVER (in the exported JSON) is an empty string.

Importing that file via import datasource datasource.json results in:

ERR: Provide the required setting key(s): DRIVER

Editing the empty string value to "other" in the hope that might work, results in:

DRIVER.

Dear Adobe: Can you please address this? Making the setup entirely scriptable is a tremendous benefit, and this is the only blip.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the driver "Microsoft SQL Server"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's a connection to Oracle created using the Driver type Other.

We're using ColdFusion Standard 2021. I reaslised only after purchasing that the Standard licence doesn't permit you to use the Oracle driver that ships with ColdFusion. Attempting to do so causes the ColdFusion Administrator to display the message:

java.sql.SQLException: Use of Adobe JDBC Drivers is restricted. Drivers can only be used with Adobe server products. Please check that your license supports the requested driver.

So we've put a copy of ojdbc11.jar in {cfroot}/cfusion/bin, created a DSN with a driver type set to Other and a JDBC URL that points to the Oracle database.

The DSN connects to Oracle fine, but after being exported, it can't be subsquently imported via cfsetup. As commented before, the value of the DRIVER field in the exported JSON is an empty string, and the import routine doesn't recognise the empty string implies Other.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aidan Whitehall , you say you "put a copy of ojdbc11.jar in {cfroot}/cfusion/bin". Is that perhaps a mistake? I ask because the custom is to put such Jar files in {cfroot}/cfusion/lib.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are correct. That should have read {cfroot}/cfusion/lib. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the driver "Microsoft SQL Server"?

By @BKBK

That question is actually meant for you, @sysops26283666 , not for Aidan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing the same issue, albeit that when the data source with a Driver Type of Other is exported, the value of DRIVER (in the exported JSON) is an empty string.

Importing that file via import datasource datasource.json results in:

ERR: Provide the required setting key(s): DRIVER

Editing the empty string value to "other" in the hope that might work, results in:

DRIVER.

Dear Adobe: Can you please address this? Making the setup entirely scriptable is a tremendous benefit, and this is the only blip.

Thank you!

By @Aidan Whitehall

I would suggest you open a bug ticket, and copy this description to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do that now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aidan Whitehall - did you ever get a resolution for this issue?  If not, do you have a ticket number fo rthe issue I can watch/upvote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed - I'd upvote if there is a link.  I was really excited to see this as an option - and then it doesn't work for this use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sysops26283666 ,

Since you want to use Oracle, wouldn't an Oracle JDBC driver then be preferable to a Microsoft one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation