• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An error has occurred while installing the package pmtagent. Please check logs for more details

New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name: pmtagent

Description: The pmtagent package helps you configure ColdFusion with Performance Monitoring Toolset

I find this error during installing this package. 

Help me asap!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to uninstall the pmtagent package, and then reinstall it. There now follows an example. (I shall assume that your ColdFusion version is 2021 and your Operating System is Windows):

Open the command prompt (CMD) as administrator. Use the DOS command CD to navigate to C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin.  Type cfpm and press ENTER. The cfpm promt should then appear.

BKBK_0-1715079437877.png

Do the following in succession:

• Type uninstall pmtagent and press ENTER. 
  • (when the cfpm prompt reappears) Type install pmtagent and press ENTER. 

BKBK_1-1715079852639.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ColdFusion Standard 2023. I already reinstalled a few times. The error keep coming out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I already updated ColdFusion Standard 2023 release 7 from release 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you installed any update recently and after this you encountered this problem or is it a fresh install?

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fresh installation. ColdFusion Standard 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chera37224950j2rb  I pinged you my email in DM, please send an email to me. I will work with you.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see my reply as a new thread below. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To those reporting getting this error (Chera and Daryl), please consider some follow-up questions to help us help you:

1) When are you getting the error: as a message in the admin or one you're just finding in your logs?

2) In either case, does the error happen when you DO something in the admin, or is it just appearing at startup? Or do you find something else is triggering it? 

3) Do you really even need the pmtagent package? If you have not setup the cf PMT tool (separately installed, and which would run as its own service and must be configured to monitor this cf instance), then you don't NEED this pmtagent service.  That may help you to let this error go. 

4) Finally, when you look at the cf admin "package management" page, and its "available packages" list, is this listed there? And are there any other packages listed there which you'd expect SHOULD have been installed? If so, that might show this to be a bigger problem than just the pmt (which feeds back into my first question here). 

Hope that's helpful. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation