• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apache debug server blocking local app on IIS from running?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I am running Coldfusion 2018 on my Windows 11 machine as my local development environment.  I use Coldfusion Builder 2018.  I have been unable to get debugging to work.  Yesterday I tried to set it up.  I access the Coldfusion administrator on 127.0.0.1:8500 and run my local instance of my web site on https://localhost.
  • In the Coldfusion administrator I went to the debug page and told it to use 127.0.0.1 and I think I entered in the default port (5005? 8005?).
  • Since then I am unable to access the Coldfusion administrator to undo what I have wrought and my local instance of the coldfusion app won't run.  In both cases the page load indicator spins and spins continuously until I stop the page.
  • I can't find Apache or Tomcat in my processes running under Windows.  I think I did see the apache server in the RDS window.  The stop and start didn't work and I deleted the server hoping that would help, but no.
  • I don't really know what's wrong but I think it is coldfusion looking for debug info instead of page fetch info on 127.0.0.1.
  • Not sure what to do.
TOPICS
Builder , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Thank you very much for this response, I was hoping to get this type of help to find this info.  It turns out I think my error was clicking on a button to start the debugging server in Coldfusion Builder, perhaps in the RDS window.  Earlier in the debug setup where you are to choose a server, none were in the select box.  I thought if I clicked to start the server it would then show up in select box.  In doing so I apparently started in instance of apache which then began intercepting the local

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us assume for a moment that the problem is caused by you changing the debugging port. Then there might be a way to revert to the original situation. 

1.  Open the system file /lib/neo-debug.xml in a text editor. Locate the elemets named IPLIST and LINE_DEBUGGER_PORT .
  2. Make sure their values are as follows:
    <var name='IPLIST'><string>127.0.0.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1,::1</string></var>​

<var name='LINE_DEBUGGER_PORT'><number>5005.0</number></var>​

3.  Save the file and restart the ColdFusion instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this response, I was hoping to get this type of help to find this info.  It turns out I think my error was clicking on a button to start the debugging server in Coldfusion Builder, perhaps in the RDS window.  Earlier in the debug setup where you are to choose a server, none were in the select box.  I thought if I clicked to start the server it would then show up in select box.  In doing so I apparently started in instance of apache which then began intercepting the local browser requests but didn't have any paths set up to the files.  I think it was solved by a computer restart though I tried other things such as shutting down the coldfusion services, rebooting, then starting them one at a time and trying to get to the administrator.  I think I could have skipped most of that and saved some time and angst.  Appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation