Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can cfdiv value be placed in another variable

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the following cfdiv that works just fine.

Is there away to capture the value in DaysAvailable when it comes back and place it in another variable?

<cfdiv name="DaysAvailable" bindonload="no" bind="cfc:#this.LOC#.common.hcbsservicemath.getDaysAvailable({StartDate@change},{EndDate@change})">

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never worked with CFDIV (that I can remember, anyway), so don't really have experience with what you are requesting.

However, it's my understanding that CFDIV will use Javascript to insert a DIV at the location where the CFDIV tag is used, and gives said DIV the name as set in the CFDIV tag.  Based upon this, it should be possible (I've never tested it) to use JavaScript to detect a change in the value of the div, grab the new value, and use AJaX to POST that value to a function within a CFC that can assign said value to a variable.  Probably in the session scope would be best.

Or I'm way overthinking this. 

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use javascript and the page did not like it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you place your code at the bottom of the document, just before the closing </body> tag?  Are you using jQuery, or just plain vanilla JavaScript?  What error messages appeared in console, if any?  Could you post your code?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the javascript..

The code does not display the popup window.

If the var days = (DateDiff.inDays(d1, d2)); is commented out, the popup window appears.

<script type="text/javascript">

function fnErrorCheck()

{

var d1 = document.getElementById('StartDate').value;

var d2 = document.getElementById('EndDate').value;

var days = DateDiff.inDays(d1, d2);

alert("The" + d1 + d2 )

return false

}

</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use DevTools (F12 in FF and IE and Chrome) and use the console tab.  This should present the error message.

What is DateDiff.inDays?  Where is that defined?  Is that another function of yours?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UserCold9 wrote:

Is there away to capture the value in DaysAvailable when it comes back and place it in another variable?

<cfdiv name="DaysAvailable" bindonload="no" bind="cfc:#this.LOC#.common.hcbsservicemath.getDaysAvailable({StartDate@change},{EndDate@change })">

A few things:

1) the name attribute does not exist.

2) the variables you're dealing with here are Javascript, hence known only to the browser. The value you wish to have comes from ColdFusion.

3) therefore, one way you could do it is as follows

<!--- store the value in a session--->

<cffunction name="getDaysAvailable">

<cfset session.daysAvailable = daysAvailable>

<cfreturn daysAvailable>

</cffunction>

<!--- obtain the value in the cfdiv page (after the cfdiv tag, of course)--->

<cfset daysAvailable = session.daysAvailable>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation