• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create DSN — java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up a DSN to a SQL Server database, but keep getting an error.  SQL Server Browser IS running.  

• Connection verification failed for data source: mvqs
    java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The connection to the host {0}, named instance {1} has failed. Error: "{2}". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434, and for SQL Server 2005 or later verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The connection to the host {0}, named instance {1} has failed. Error: "{2}". Verify the server and instance names, check that no firewall is blocking UDP traffic to port 1434, and for SQL Server 2005 or later verify that the SQL Server Browser Service is running on the host.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

I think I just may have solved it.  I ran the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and made sure that TCP/IP was inabled, and I think that did it.  Weird, right?  Does that even make sense to you?  Thanks!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know the version of Coldfusion you are using? Also, let me know if you have installed the SQL server on a different machine. If so, can you telnet to the DB host and port from the server where Coldfusion is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just may have solved it.  I ran the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and made sure that TCP/IP was inabled, and I think that did it.  Weird, right?  Does that even make sense to you?  Thanks!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is required for SQL Server connections from ColdFusion.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  That seems to have fixed it.  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation