• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 11 update 8 not working - how to update manually?

New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

tried to update our current CF installation (Windows 2008 R2, CF 11, update 7, java 1.8.0_77) to the latest update.

First time in my CF update history I was not able to "download" or "download and install" in CF administrator so I manually downloaded and put hotfix_008.jar in directory cfusion\hf-updates. After that options in CF administrator changed to "Re-download" and "Install". Tried to click on both buttons but again nothing happens (like before when clicking on "download" and "download and install".

Javascript is enabled in Browser.

Manuela

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Manuela, on the server updates page, do you see 3 tabs (for “installed updated”, “available updates”, and “settings”)? If not, then your problem is that the browser can’t see the js files and related resources needed to support the update mechanism.

The most common problem (if you’re using IIS or Apache to access the Admin) is that the site you’re using doesn’t have the virtual directory needed to point to the CFIDE folder (or whatever folder name was chosen in the CF admin “Setting” page for “d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you will need to add drive letters like c:

CMD prompt as administrator

cd \ColdFusion11\jre\bin

java -jar ColdFusion11\cfusion\hf-updateshotfix_008.jar

HTH, Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2016 May 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manuela, on the server updates page, do you see 3 tabs (for “installed updated”, “available updates”, and “settings”)? If not, then your problem is that the browser can’t see the js files and related resources needed to support the update mechanism.

The most common problem (if you’re using IIS or Apache to access the Admin) is that the site you’re using doesn’t have the virtual directory needed to point to the CFIDE folder (or whatever folder name was chosen in the CF admin “Setting” page for “default scriptsrc directory”).

Similarly, if you are using the built-in web server for CF (and adding a port in your url, such as :8500), then again if someone changed that CF admin setting for default scriptsrc to something other than CFIDE, the problem is that the internal web server for CF does not recognize that folder.

Let us know which situation you’re in, and if you can’t see a solution yourself, we can help you with it (if indeed your answer to the first question above is “no”).

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Charlie,
thank you for driving me in the right direction. I have followed instructions from Pete Freitag before (see Changing the ColdFusion CFIDE Scripts Location ) to secure the server but had an error in the Apache httpd.conf file. After changing it back for the update process and repairing the httpd.conf file I was able to see the three tabs and update to the latest hot fix.

Thank you again,

Manuela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation