• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Server Installation problems

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly I could not find a discussion about this in the forums.

I downloaded and unzipped the files, and went to cfinstall.bat in the bin folder. I also downloaded VC 2012 Runtime. But here my progress ended.

I tried to run cfsnstall.bat as administrator, and also I made attempts to start the installation in other ways, but without success. I got to the usual window "accept changes ro the system..." but that was it.

What is the correct procedure at this point? It must be very straightforward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Following up on my last comment, Ravi, are you aware that that doc page you shared above on CF installation ONLY discusses the zip installer? It makes no mention at all of the full/gui installer. Certainly, if someone googled for cf install info and found that, they'd be left with the impression that the zip install was the ONLY option. That should not be so. Would you agree? Shouldn't it point to a page with info on the full installer?

Note also that there are NO other UI elements to help one

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer to the below document for instructions

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/coldfusion/using/install-coldfusion-2021.html

Can you let me know the version of Windows on which you are trying to perform the installation?

Open command prompt as administrator , run the cfinstall.bat command, and attach the screenshot error 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Remembering a few old DOS commands I arrived at the correct folder from the command prompt, cfinstall.bat then got me to the CF SetUp Wizard, but here I am told that Administrator Access is required to continue. How do I access the Administrator before installing?

I am running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click on the Command Prompt and Launch it as Administrator and then you can run the cfinstall.bat command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Vincent, note that you don't NEED to go the route of zip/cfinstall (and later likely cfpm). You CAN, of course. 

But instead, you can also just get the traditional Full gui installer and run that, which does it all for you. The new zip/cfinstall/cfpm approach is of value for those wanting to automate things, mostly, or get an absolute minimal cf install.

Most folks do NOT really want or need that. I just want to help you see that possibility. But what you're trying does work and should be able to work for you. Hope the steps Ravi is leading you through will help get you set. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Command Prompt with administrator and could then install as per the instructions, answering the questions, etc.  But CF clearly insn't installed  - the server is not showing, I cannot access the CF Administrator and it does not show in the Start Menu (CF Builder is there).

I think I will uninstall and see how to download in the way I am familiar with, without zip files, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's indeed what I was proposing you do. Maybe you meant this as a reply to Ravi, instead. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks.  But I cannot find a link to download without the s\zip files. Is there a link on the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vincent, the simple answer is coldfusion.com. But as always, there's more worth knowing than just the simple answer.

Before I elaborate, and to help you and others following alone, would you mind sharing what URL you used to get the zip file? And if that may be only a direct link to the zip file itself, I mean what page offered that? Or did someone give you that link?

What I'm getting here at is that wherever you (or someone) found the link to that zip, they should have also seen the option to instead obtain the full installers. And if somehow that's not so, I'd like to understand it. (And I'd argue that the Adobe doc page you point to above could certainly help, if it shared what I'm about to say.)

As for where to find CF installers, there are a couple of options.

First, when someone buys a license to CF, they are given an account at the licensing.adobe.com site, and that offers downloads. But often we may work someplace where another person buys it and gets that account, not us.

So as for how ANYONE can obtain ANY of the current CF installers, I always point out how they can just go to coldfusion.com (and that redirects to https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-family.html). There, in the top right, is a link to obtain the trial, which goes to a form you can fill out and then offers all current installers (zip and full, and for all OS's).

Note that even if you have "bought" CF, you can still install using that what's offered there--there is not a separate installer for trial or dev or licenses. Instead, when one RUNS the installer (or that cfinstall for the zip), that's when one is asked to choose between trial or dev or to add a license (which can also be added later via the CF Admin).

Finally, some would want to note as well the available cfmlrepo.com site, which is a community-contributed site offering installers for current AND past CF versions, as well as Lucee, and CFBuilder, and more. But there's no guarantee that what's offered there is in sync with the LATEST CF installer offered by that Adobe site above, so I'd recommend that folks seeking the current CF install files should favor going to the Adobe site.

Let us know if this gets you going, Vincent. (And Adobe folks, note how if someone finds or is given that page that Ravi offered, it presumes one already has the installer file. It could be helpful for that page to point folks to any other doc page that may explain the above--or perhaps one should be created.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on my last comment, Ravi, are you aware that that doc page you shared above on CF installation ONLY discusses the zip installer? It makes no mention at all of the full/gui installer. Certainly, if someone googled for cf install info and found that, they'd be left with the impression that the zip install was the ONLY option. That should not be so. Would you agree? Shouldn't it point to a page with info on the full installer?

Note also that there are NO other UI elements to help one find any related page, no "next" or "previous" buttons, no indication of the table of contents for the section this page is in, let alone even a link to the TOC for the manual it's in. This is a long-standing problem (since the move of the docs to a new platform following CF11 several years ago). I've complained of it since then, but I know it's not an easy problem to solve.

I'm just highlighting how this page is a prime example of that problem...and suggesting that adding some additional CONTENT to the page, to merely indicate the other installer option (if not also info on finding the installers) would help folks, especially like Vincent in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie - I am downloading from https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/download-trial/get-started.html

Only two free trial versions are listed, and of these I chose the trial edition, which includes Enterprise features. In fact when I click on "buy" I am told the product is unavailable here. I am currently in Chile, which is doubtless the reason. When I am in Europe or USA I generally have more options on sites.. Here with a new device  I often have to take trial versions and sorrt out my account later with Adobe, Microsoft, etc.

I am redirected to the same URL if I start with coldfusion.com, and so far I have not been able to find links other than those which download zip files. I follwed the installation steps for the zip version and did not encounter errors - but CF did not install properly. I will try again now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation