• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Update 13 Install Issues on a Windows 2019 Server

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting "The app can't run on your PC" anytime I try install the CF 2018 update 13 on my Win2019 Server.  How does one go about this issue. I'm running CMD as an admin, I've enabled all admin security on the group policy but still the same issue.

See attached document

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the command that you are running in the command prompt?

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current CF 2018 Update level might be too old for Update 13. Let's find out.

Open the ColdFusion Administrator. Click on the (i) in the top right-hand corner. You should then see the System Information page. 

What are the entries for:

(CF Product) Version

Java version

BKBK_0-1649881814251.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CrookedQ_0-1651585617816.png

See above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uhuruto1. please see my comment from last week.

BTW, your screenshot here shows us you have no cf updates, no Java updates, and the Java 10 from the original installer for cf2018. Just observing, not saying it has any bearing on your problem necessarily. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CrookedQ_0-1651585617816.png

See above. 

By @uhuruto1.

That is what I thought when I said: "The current CF 2018 Update level might be too old for Update 13."

• Your CF2018 version is not even on Update 1 / The current CF2018 version is Update 13.
  • Your Java version is 10 / The latest updates of CF2018 require Java 11.

If possible, and without risk of disrupting any services, do the following:

1. Uninstall your current CF2018 installation.
  2.  Restart Windows.
  3. Download the current CF2018 installer for windows and install it.
  4.  Download Java SE 11.0.15 (LTS)   (scroll down to the section "Additional Third Party Installers"). Install JDK 11.0.15.
  5.  Change the java.home setting in the file /bin/jvm.config to to point to the JDK 11.0.15 directory.
  6.  Restart CF 2018.
  7.  Open the ColdFusion Administrator, navigate to the Updates page. Follow the instructions there to update ColdFusion 2018.

If following the above steps will be inconvenient or cause disruption to services, then do the following instead:

• do steps 4 to 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uhururuto12, expanding on what the others have said, let me ask first:

When you say you "try install the CF 2018 update 13", do you mean you do have CF2018 running and really are just wanting to update it? Or do you mean you are trying to install it (CF2018) for the first time on that Server 2019 box?

Second, if you may be trying to install it, let me note also that I have installed CF2018 on Windows Server 2019 and it does work (as well as cf2021, of course, and even CF2016). I did not get that error, and I don't recall doing anything unusual for them.

It may depend on whether you are running the original installer or a refreshed one (Adobe usually offers refreshed/new installers a year or two after the original ones come out). CF2018 got a refreshed installer in Feb 2019. I know I used that for my CF2018 install on my Server 2019.

Since you refer to trying to do an update, though, and if you really mean updating your currently running 2018, I'm not seeing how that could lead to the error you see, which is usually about trying running some exe. Given that most folks would update CF using the CF Admin, that would not entail you launching any exe. Now, Priyank asks what command you're using, and that will indeed answer this question. But while you can also update CF using java.exe  at the command line, I would not expect you to get that error running java.

Let's see where you lead us. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the below command as an administrator and getting the error I attached on my first question

C:\ColdFusion2018\Hotfixes>C:\ColdFusion2018\jre\bin\java.exe -jar hotfix.jar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uhururuto1, let's separate your issues.

First, you are trying to run a hotfix.jar file. That name alone, hotfix.jar, is not typical. Can you tell us where you got it? 

If it may be really starting with hf-, those are special hotfixes which are not meant to be "run" or "installed" this way. They are meant to instead just be dropped into the cfusion/lib/updates folder. Then *CF* would pick that up. (And to be clear, you should of course only use a hotfix jar for cf2018 in cf2018.) I have a blog post with more on such special hotfixes. 

If the name is more like hotfix-013-329776.jar, that would be the update 13 for cf2018. Those CAN be run with java -jar. 

But your next comment talks about using the cf admin to update cf. That's indeed a separate topic so I will offer more there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when i try run the update from the CF admin page I also get an error where it says it cannot update until I restart the server. And when I restart it doesn't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for an error you get in applying an update via the cf admin (via java -jar), there is a update log that may show you more about whatever error you're hitting. I have a blog post with more on that.

Let us know what you find after considering the info there. Or perhaps someone else may chime in with different thoughts. I help people with these issues weekly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uhururuto1 , did you perhaps miss my question? If so, could you please answer it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation