• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2021u13/14 - Cannot get Debug output, "Variable IPS is undefined" on IP Addresses page

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, At some point recently I lost debug output on a client dev site. In the Admin, Debugging is turned on, but I get the error ball on the Debugging IP Addresses page. Logs show  "Variable IPS is undefined". 

I tried adjusting the neo-debug.xml several ways according to comments in the following post, but no joy: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion-discussions/coldfusion-2021-admin-submenus-no-longer-appea...

This is an AWS server with manual CF installed. Developer license.

Debugging was previously working. 

"Error","http-nio-8502-exec-3","08/16/24","10:29:08","cfadmin","Variable IPS is undefined. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\ColdFusion2021\REDACTED\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\debugging\iplist.cfm, line: 327"
coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedVariableException: Variable IPS is undefined.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Chris, for your last point, do you have the robust_enabled struct key in that xml file, and is it set to true?

And to both matters, have you compared your file to the stock one in the repo I pointed to? As you may know, you can format the xml (in a editor or online tool) to make it easier to compare. Or compare tools (like beyond compare) often have extensions to allow nicely comparing xml. If you might struggle with that, send me the xml file and I could do the compare for you. (This file doe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*neo-debug.xml

(Editorial update: now corrected in the original note.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, when you imply that none of the offered fixes to the file worked (as offered in that other thread), please clarify: do you have the line I referred to there, starting with <var name='iplist'>? If you don't, that's still your issue. If you do, did you restart CF to effect the change? You may have to.

Or it could be that you put it in the wrong place. Let me share that you can more readily help yourself by comparing what you have to a stock neo-debug.xml. I did a blog post talking about how I'd added such default neo*.xml files as a folder at the wonderful cfmlrepo site. For more, see the post.

More specifically, here's a complete example of that line which you could model/compare:

<var name='iplist'><string>127.0.0.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1,::1</string></var>

But it's also important where that line appears in that file, as I noted above. Again, see the complete file yourself by following that link. (And don't forget to restart CF after the change, if needed.)

Let us know if that gets you going. 

PS: I saw your first comment and corrected your original note, as I have such moderator privileges. I rarely use them, but a case like that seemed worth doing. I then edited your comment, to clarify the change. I am not allowed to delete comments, even if you might have asked in that case if I could. 🙂 You may be able to. Your call. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added this to the array. Restarted CF. no joy.

I added this to the array and changed array length to 5. Restarted CF. no joy. (also tried front and end of the array)

<struct type="coldfusion.server.ConfigMap">
<var name="IPLIST">
<string>127.0.0.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1</string>
</var>
</struct>

I added this to the first struct of the array. Restarted CF. no joy.

That's when I posted this issue. 

Then I dediced to be overly thorough and tried each different scruct in the array. Turned out the third struct was empty and when I put it in there (and restart CF), the page no longer threw an error and the two IP adresses showed in the admin. 

However, after both adding my IP to the list (and restarting CF for good measure) and emptying the list (and restarting CF for good measure) I am still not getting Robust Exception Information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, for your last point, do you have the robust_enabled struct key in that xml file, and is it set to true?

And to both matters, have you compared your file to the stock one in the repo I pointed to? As you may know, you can format the xml (in a editor or online tool) to make it easier to compare. Or compare tools (like beyond compare) often have extensions to allow nicely comparing xml. If you might struggle with that, send me the xml file and I could do the compare for you. (This file doesn't tend to have any private info it, but be careful.)

Let us know if this gets you going. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChrisWRIS_0-1723834188604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are vastly different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation