• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfif statement

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cfselect and when a user selects Vendor from the list, a div displays showing a company field to enter the company name. I am trying to get to the logic that checks if Vendor is selected, make the company field required`. Here is what i got so far.

When I fill out the form and choose vendor the div with the company field displays but I cannot make it required

Thank you!

<cfif form1.county EQ 'Vendor'>

<cfinput type="text" name="company" id="company" width="190" message="Please enter your company name." required="yes" >

<cfelse>

<cfinput type="text" name="company"  id="company" width="190" message="Please enter your company name." >

</cfif> 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the if-test returns false and what you're seeing is the bottom <cfinput>. A more accurate test is <cfif form.county EQ 'Vendor'>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation