• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 and Solr

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed ColdFusion 11. I am pretty sure I selected the option to install the addons like Solr, but when I am in the coldfusion administrator under Data & Services, I click ColdFusion Collections and I get nothing. It won't go to the page at all. If I click on Solr Services a page will come up. If I click on ColdFusion collections and then restart the coldfusion addons I get a page that comes up saying

"Unable to retrieve collections from the Search Services.Ensure that you have installed ColdFusion Search Service and it is running."

I am assuming it means it isn't installed.

So I went to Adobe - ColdFusion Support Center : More Downloads and downloaded/installed the Windows Add-on Services Standalone Installer. I didn't change any of the settings or folders and installed it. I restarted the server. I logged back into the coldfusion administrator and I see the same thing. Nothing changed. When I go to view the file folders I have c:coldfuion11 and a c:coldfusionAdd-onServices. Should the coldfusionAdd-onServices folder been within the coldfusion11 folder?

I read you can create your collection through the administrator or through coding a page. I thought maybe I need to try it this way. So I created a page to create the collection and it did not work either.

What am I missing? Did I miss a step or something to make this work?

Any help I can get, I would appreciate.

I have a windows 2008 server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

We looked at the ports. It didn't fix our issue. I asked a senior system engineer to work on it for several days to no avail. We had installed on a physical machine. He tested it on a virtual server and it worked just fine. So we decided to just use the virtual machine. The engineer decided it probably had to do with the number of cpu's/cores on the physical machine. I wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check that the "Coldfusion Add On Service" service is actually running? You make not mention that you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Services.jpg

I have checked it and as far as I can tell it is running. I have even restarted it a few times. It appears to me that it is running. Is there another place to check?

Is there something I am supposed to do first to use Solr?

In the coldfusion administrator under data & services, I see this.

Services2.jpg

Nothing happens if I click on coldfusion collections. It doesn't change pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a fresh installation of CF11? Are you logged in as the admin account setup when install CF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a new install on a new server. I am an administrator on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\multicore\solr.xml

This file doesn't contain any collections in it. Isn't supposed to have a core0? This is all that is in the file

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><solr persistent="true">
<cores adminPath="/admin/cores">

</cores>
</solr>

Am I looking at the wrong file?

Do I need to uninstall coldfusion 11 and try again? I really don't want to have to do this.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather then trying to fix something that could cause issues later on, if you are able to do uninstall and re install it, I would suggest doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try looking your addons installation log (usually located in C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\). There should be various entries for solr in there. If you post the log then it can be compared by other users. If there is nothing there or things are missing, then it probably wont have been installed. There will also be a solr folder in there with various files in the bin folder. Do they exist on your installation?

The only thing I can see being wrong is that it wasn't installed in the first place. Unless you are 100% you installed it then you might as well reinstall. Something like this shouldn't be a problem unless there has been a fundamental installation problem, which could cause you issues else where if its not reinstalled.

Unless this is being used for a live production environment, you will spend more time trying to sort this out then the 10 minutes it takes to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the folder you mentioned of jetty

FoldersImage.jpg

Here is the folder for the bin file

FolderBin.jpg

Does anyone see anything missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the installation log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the installation log at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that first screen shot you just posted its the Coldfusion_Add-on_Services_Install.... text file. Located in C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\ as mentioned in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the whole thing? It is really long. I have gone through it and it all says it was successful. Here is the summary.

Installed Feature(s) Application of ColdFusion Add-on Services

Install Begin: APRIL 2, 2015 1:06:01 PM CDT
Install End: APRIL 2, 2015 1:06:13 PM CDT

Installed by InstallAnywhere 16.5 Premier Build 4860

User Interactions
-----------------

#Install
#-------
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\Uninstall\ Adobe\ ColdFusion\ 11\ Add-on\ Services.lax=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\resource\\iawin64_x64.dll=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\resource\\iawin32.dll=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\resource\\win64_32_x64.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\resource\\remove.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\uninstall\\resource\\invoker.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\start.jar=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\jetty.lax=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\ColdFusion11\\cfusion\\jetty\\cf_app.ico=Yes

Summary
-------

Installation: Successful.

678 Successes
0 Warnings
0 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see all of the solr files being written to disk in the log file?

Also in C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\logs is a coldfusion-out.log. Are there errors in there when you try and click into the Coldfusion Collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are just a few of the solr files for you to look at. They all appear to be SUCCESSFUL.

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\abc

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\abo

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\backup

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\backupcleaner

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\commit

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\optimize

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\readercycle

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\rsyncd-disable

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\rsyncd-enable

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\rsyncd-start

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\rsyncd-stop

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\scripts-util

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snapcleaner

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snapinstaller

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snappuller

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snappuller-disable

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snappuller-enable

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\bin\snapshooter

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\conf\admin-extra.html

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\conf\elevate.xml

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\conf\mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\conf\protwords.txt

Install File:             C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\jetty\solr\conf\schema.xml

On the coldfusion-out.log file it all appears ok as well.

I can see things like this that shows solr is starting:

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:54 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting jaxrs...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:54 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting graphing...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:55 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting solr...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:55 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting archive...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:55 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting document...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:55 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Starting eventgateway...

Apr 6, 2015 15:16:55 PM Information [localhost-startStop-1] - Event Gateway Disabled.

I can see on this same log, when I am in the coldfusion administrator I click on ColdFusion Collections I see this:

Apr 24, 2015 10:12:21 AM Error [ajp-bio-8014-exec-6] - The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cfoutput The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\solr\index.cfm, line: 331

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say submit it as a bug. But to confirm its a bug you will need to reproduce it. The only way to do that is to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled/resinstalled ColdFusion 11. I made sure I chose the Solr option when I installed. It didn't change anything. I still have the same problems.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, let me know. I have never reported a bug, but I guess I will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at the ColdFusion11_Installing.pdf document. https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/142314172/ColdFusion11_Installing.pdf

On page 84 it talks about configuring Apache for ColdFusion in Windows. #4 says to specify a path to the directory that contains the httpd.conf file. I can't find this file. I have done a search on the server and I am not finding it. Can anyone give me any help on why I am not finding it?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually running apache? Most people with a windows server run IIS. If you are running IIS you wont find the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am not running Apache. I am running IIS. Thanks for the info.

I am still trying to figure out why it isn't working and I am grasping for anything.

The install I ran was ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_win64.exe Is this the correct one for a windows server 2008 r2 standard with service pack 1 64 bit server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

i have the same Problem here on a Windows 2012 R2 . Firt i got an error when i was creating a collection. Then i unistalled and reinstalled the whole stuff . Now it tells me that the search sercice is not running, but every service is up adn ok !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PyroDirk, If you happen to figure out what the problem is, please let me know. I have a Senior Systems Engineer looking into it to see if he can find out what it is. I have exhausted every avenue I know. I have also submitted a bug to Adobe. I have heard from them 1 time and since then it has been nothing.

I have installed/reinstalled ColdFusion several times. I have noticed that sometimes when I go to log into the administrator, I have to enter my password 2 times. The first time it doesn't say it is invalid, it just stays on the login form. The 2nd time I enter it, it actually takes me to the admin pages. Have you noticed this with your installation?

I was kind of hoping that I might could get a copy of Windows 2012 and install it instead of the 2008 version and it might fix it, but if you are having the same problem, then that probably won't help me.

Keep me posted and I will keep you posted. Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that by examining the ports that were in use (netstat -a), I saw that the default port of 8988 was not actually being used, but 8987 was the port being used. When I modifed that setting in CF Administrator, the Collections showed up.

If anyone can help me, this is my problem:

I have CF 11 running on Windows Server 2012. I've have the Solr service being managed by Coldfusion on that box. I have CF 9 running in Windows 2008 Datacenter. I want to do one of the following:

A) Have the CF9 machine use the CF11 Solr Server as a "remote solr server". Ideally, this would allow me to use cfcollection, cfindex, and cfsearch locally on the CF9 box, but have the indexing and querying being done on the CF 11 box.

B) On the sites that are running on CF9, rewrite my query logic to run the queries using cfhttp calls to the SOLR server and get results via JSON.

The problem is, I can only seem to interact with the Solr server on the CF 11 box via localhost. I can't seem to figure out how to get my webserver to respond on the Solr port with any other hosts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We looked at the ports. It didn't fix our issue. I asked a senior system engineer to work on it for several days to no avail. We had installed on a physical machine. He tested it on a virtual server and it worked just fine. So we decided to just use the virtual machine. The engineer decided it probably had to do with the number of cpu's/cores on the physical machine. I wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation