• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 instances not autostarting

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 2012R2 server(iis 8.5) running Coldfusion 11 Developer edition.  I have 6 instances running on the server.  They work fine and everything seems to be configured correctly.

When I restart the server, the main instance starts up correctly, but the other 6 instances don't autostart.  I have to go into instance manager and start each instance.

I don't see any errors in any logs and can;t figure out why they won;t start after a server/service restart.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

There is an MS DOS tool you can use to add a service. It is SC.EXE. I shall illustrate its use with an example.

Suppose, that I had installed two Coldfusion 11 instances named testInstance1 and myNewCFInstance. Their installation directories are, respectively

C:\ColdFusion11\testInstance1\

C:\ColdFusion11\myNewCFInstance\

To add them as Windows services, you could proceed as follows.

Click on the Windows Start symbol.

When you type cmd in the search field, a link to the DOS command prompt should appea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools.

Open Services.

You will then get the list of services registered with Windows.

Is each of the 6 instances in the list, and does it have "Automatic" Startup Type? If you answer no, then that is potentially the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see each service in the list.  I did select to create a windows service for each when I created them though.

Can you help with adding the services?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an MS DOS tool you can use to add a service. It is SC.EXE. I shall illustrate its use with an example.

Suppose, that I had installed two Coldfusion 11 instances named testInstance1 and myNewCFInstance. Their installation directories are, respectively

C:\ColdFusion11\testInstance1\

C:\ColdFusion11\myNewCFInstance\

To add them as Windows services, you could proceed as follows.

Click on the Windows Start symbol.

When you type cmd in the search field, a link to the DOS command prompt should appear.

Right-click on the link and select to Run as Administrator. You should now get the DOS command prompt.

You can now run the DOS command, SC, to add a Windows service. You will have to do this for each and every instance you wish to add, one instance at a time.

testInstance1

Type the following after the prompt and press enter:

sc create "ColdFusion 11 testInstance1" binPath= C:\ColdFusion11\testInstance1\bin\coldfusionsvc.exe start= auto DisplayName= "ColdFusion 11 testInstance1"

Explanation:

• You must leave a single space after each equal (=) sign.
  • "ColdFusion 11 testInstance1" is the name of the Windows service.
  • The start type is Automatic.

You should get the result "SUCCESS".

To add the description, you have to run SC once again:

sc description "ColdFusion 11 testInstance1" "My first ColdFusion 11 instance"

Explanation:

• You must use the exact Windows service name. It is, in this case,  "ColdFusion 11 testInstance1".
  • You may use any description you like. But I would advise you to use something like "ColdFusion 11 instance name_of_instance"

myNewCFInstance

For my second instance, the DOS commands I used to create the Windows service and to add the description were, respectively,

sc create "ColdFusion 11 myNewCFInstance" binPath= C:\ColdFusion11\myNewCFInstance\bin\coldfusionsvc.exe start= auto DisplayName= "ColdFusion 11 myNewCFInstance"

Followed by

sc description "ColdFusion 11 myNewCFInstance" "ColdFusion 11 instance myNewCFInstance"

Some references:

https://coldfusionsolution.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/how-to-create-service-for-coldfusion/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29702700/sc-exe-how-to-set-up-the-description-for-the-windows-ser...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1152396

Should you make a mistake, and wish to delete a service, then see

How to Delete a Windows Service in Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, or XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation