• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 migration issue

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the migration guide to upgrade an existing CF 10 server to CF 2016 - on Windows 2012 R2.  The upgrade seemed to go fine and I am able to get to the new CF admin to confirm migrated settings through the built in webserver.  When I try to call .cfm files directly I get 500 errors.  It is similar behavior to when the mapping is missing, but I have confirmed they are there.  I have done this on a few servers and 2 of them upgraded fine and I can call .cfm files, 2 others do not work properly.

Even when browsing to the CF admin page, if there is no cfm file in the URL it comes up, then after logging in, it tried to go to 'enter.cfm' and I get a 500 error.

Has anyone else had this issue after upgrading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tbarroqueiro,

Thank you for sharing the details. Could you please let us know if you are accessing via the Web Server or the internal port.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tbarroqueiro, you don't mention if you re using IIS but you refer to being on WIndows, so I will assume you are using IIS.

Check if you have a "jakarta" virtual directory defined in the site whose pages you're trying to visit. If you do not, you will see this error (a request for just the domain works, but a request for a .cfm does not). And if you visited the page on your IIS server itself, you would see details explaining this (unless you changed the default behavior of the "error pages" feature for your IIS site.)

The problem is that since CF10, we must have a jakarta virtual directory (pointing to a folder in the config/wsconfig folder of CF). That virtual directory is normally created by the CF installer or CF web server config tool, when you run that against sites defined in IIS at the time you run the tool. But if you add sites AFTER running the installer or the wsconfig tool, nothing in IIS can cause that jakarata virtual directory to be created automatically (though it does cause the ISAPI filter and Handler mappings features to be inherited from the server level in IIS).

Let us know if this solves it for you.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding the issue in web.config.

I had to change the directory here from ColdFusion10:

<handlers>

<remove name="ISAPI-dll" />

<add name="ISAPI-dll" path="*.dll" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" resourceType="File" requireAccess="Execute" preCondition="bitness64" />

</handlers>

This didn't happen on every server, must have been more custom config

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was probably that the existing CF10 connectors hadn't been removed yet.  Whenever you do in-place upgrades, you have to remove the previous version's connectors from IIS (using the Web Server Config tool for the previous version) and then adding the new connectors by running the Web Server Config tool for the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the connectors for CF 10 have been removed in all instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They must not have been removed completely, otherwise that entry in web.config would have been removed as well.  That can happen sometimes if the web server configuration tool isn't run as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation