• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2016 Update 6 issue

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed after installing Update 6 that the CF version listed in the Service Info screen says 2016.0.05.308055 instead of 2016.0.06.308055?  Everything appears to have updated, the Tomcat version reflects the latest patches, but CF says 05 instead of 06 for its patch level.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

I've been able to narrow it down and figure out exactly why I'm seeing the problem.  I use custom windows services to run CF.  When the patch applied, the service would shut itself down, but then rather than start the service back up after the patch installed, come random coldfusion.exe process would kick off.  I wasn't giving that process enough time to finish the install apparently, as I'd just kill it and then start my service instead.  If I wait about a minute before killing coldfusion.exe a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please go to \ColdFusion2016\cfusion\lib\updates and check the jar file which shows there. Also, please try to clear the browsing history or try the incognito mode.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update isn't in cfusion\lib\updates, it is in cfusion\hf-updates.  I've verified this one three different systems, using different install methods (CFIDE Update page and executing the JAR manually as well).

Prior to update my server info is (Update 5 is installed already):

Server Product  ColdFusion 2016 
Version  2016.0.05.303689 
Tomcat Version  8.5.11.0

Post install of Update 6 my server info is:

Server Product  ColdFusion 2016 
Version  2016.0.05.308055 
Tomcat Version  8.5.28.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you run the update using the command line? Will it possible to roll it back.

Note: Take the backup of ColdFusion folder.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Like I said, I've tested on three systems, installed three different ways, all with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich, regardless, you SHOULD see an update jar in the cfusion\lib, as Priyank originally indicated.

I know you are saying you see update 6 in the hf-updates. That’s fine. That’s the jar in place allowing you or CF to APPLY that update.

On running it (successfully), CF would/should then also put an hf jar for that update into the cfusion\lib\updates folder (like you may recall used to be done manually in CF9 and before)

So to be clear, the file in the hf-updates would be hotfix-006-308055.jar, but the file in the lib\updates would be chf20160006.jar. They are not the same jar (though both are for update 6).

More important, perhaps, is that if you do NOT see any update jars in the lib\updates folder, that would seem to indicate that the update simply failed to work. That can happen. I have a blog post on how to find that out (where the log it that tracks that, where in the log it shows the failure, what likely caused the failure to update, and how to rectify it and get it installed). See:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2016/9/6/solve_common_problems_with_CF_updates_in_10_and_above

Let us know if that helps.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been able to narrow it down and figure out exactly why I'm seeing the problem.  I use custom windows services to run CF.  When the patch applied, the service would shut itself down, but then rather than start the service back up after the patch installed, come random coldfusion.exe process would kick off.  I wasn't giving that process enough time to finish the install apparently, as I'd just kill it and then start my service instead.  If I wait about a minute before killing coldfusion.exe and starting my services, then things apply correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation